Edoray - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Friday, October 20, 2006

Ocha Cafe

I stopped by the Ocha Cafe at 6755 Mira Mesa Blvd yesterday for a quick lunch and was pleasantly surprised. This place is well known among the business lunch bunch surrounding the area for it's crepes and crunchy sandwiches. The crunch in the sandwiches comes from the fact that they're made with rice buns, and are really good. These rice buns shops are springing up all over Japan and could catch on here, although I doubt they'll ever surpass the sushi craze.

I can't comment on the crepes, as I haven't tried one yet, but they look really tasty. But I can recommend The Crunchy Chicken Rice Burger, which was excellent and the cha (tea) and smoothy/slushy drinks were really a surprise treat. You can have them add those delicious little boba balls to just about any of their drink offerings. Have an Iced Mango Tea (with or without the boba balls) and you'll sip yourself to a nice smile.

Next time you’re in the Mira Mesa/Sorrento Mesa area, stop in for a good quick bite. And say hi to the owner for me, who is Taiwanese and as friendly as they come; you'll end up feeling like you just had a great meal at a friends house.


Japanese Chinese Korean Spanish

Translation:

Loading
Loading...