Edoray - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Kim Ki-duk's Bad Guy

Well, I just saw another Kim Ki-duk movie last night and I’ve got to say that he is definitely my favorite director currently producing. But he’s not for everyone, and this movie was no exception. The English translation of the title is Bad Guy and was filmed in 2002, just before his best movie to date (in my opinion), Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring, which came out a year later. In Bad Boy, Kim explores the dark world of gangsters and prostitutes. Sounds fun, huh? Well, it’s not for the light hearted, but this film will surely stick with me for a long time, something that few films today do. If you don’t mind delving into a mental landscape full of the pain and suffering of people unable to fit into Korea’s strict social hierarchy, then you might also find this a rare gem of a film. But don’t say that I didn’t warn you.

A few links to Kim Ki-Duk:

The Kim Ki-duk Page

Kim Ki-duk's Wiki page

Interview with Kim Ki-duk

The Bad Guy trailer:

Japanese Chinese Korean Spanish

Translation:

Loading
Loading...