Edoray - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Arches of Balboa Park



The other day on a walk around Balboa Park, some friends mentioned that they would like to see photos of the arches in the park, so I went back another day, with my camera set to shoot in sepia, and took a few photos.





This exceptional and spacious city park, sitting in the heart of downtown San Diego, is a photographer’s delight from any angle. The buildings and ponds, the plants and landscaping; from any angle this park is just beautifully photogenic.

The park’s buildings, halls and museums were designed in the Spanish Colonial architecture so common in Southern California, with the warm tones of the old walls and the rich and ornately designed arches and facades, you cannot take a bad picture here.

After the walk with my trusty camera, I thought I'd put these up for those of you that haven't been lucky enough to visit this great city park, or for anyone that just wants a reminder.










The colors used when these building were created are a natural muted sepia-like tone, but combined with the late afternoon sun, the walls and halls are extraordinary.





I hope you like them and have a chance to visit the park to see for yourself.

Japanese Chinese Korean Spanish

Translation:

Loading
Loading...