Edoray - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cro Mag


This painting, from a life-long friend of mine, was shipped to me the other day, and I thought I'd share it with you. Whatever, the out come, he paints with the intensity of any of the well-known masters, putting his heart and many, many long hours to create his works. Often painting 18 hours straight, long into the early morning hours, his painting literally consume him. No painting ends up quite like it started, each changing with the passing hours. They take on a life of their own.

You can watch a video transmogrification here:


To quote Jackson Pollack, one of Bob's inspirations, “When I'm in a painting, I'm not aware of what I'm doing. It is only after a sort of 'get acquainted' period that I see what I have been about. I have no fears about making changes, destroying the image, etc, because the painting has a life of its own. I try to let it come through. It's only when I lose contact with the painting that the result is a mess. Otherwise there is pure harmony, an easy give and take, and the painting comes out well.”

Or another quote by Mr Pollack, “It doesn't make much difference how the paint is put on as long as something has been said. Technique is just a means of arriving at a statement.”

Or yet, one more, “Abstract painting is abstract. It confronts you. There was a reviewer a while back who wrote that my pictures didn't have any beginning or any end. He didn't mean it as a compliment, but it was.”

Hopefully, you can enjoy a bit of his genus through my video/music renderings.

Labels: ,


Japanese Chinese Korean Spanish

Translation:

Loading
Loading...